I am committed to complying with the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
I use the personal information you supply to:
- to present the appropriate information to you within the site, and
- to keep in touch with you.
I will not share your personal information with any third party.
My processing is therefore purely for keeping accounts and records, and as I do not make any disclosures, there is no need for me to notify the Information Commissioner that I am a data controller. However, this is no way weakens your protection under the law. If you are in any way unhappy with the way I handle your personal information, please contact me in the first instance.
The web site puts four types of cookies on your computer:
- A "session cookie" - this is essential for the site to function properly, and contains no personal information. It allows the web server to keep track of your visit as you move from one page on the site to another. It is deleted as soon as you close your browser.
- A "remember me" cookie. If you log in and chose to allow your PC to remember your credentials by ticking the box on the login page, this cookie logs in automatically for you next time you visit the site. It is deleted when you untick the 'remember me' box, or you log out, or one month after your last visit. The login information is stored in an encrypted form.
- "Google Analytics" cookies. These help me analyse the way people use my site so that I can improve it. It helps me track for example the most popular landing page, the average length of visit or number of pages viewed. It does not contain any personal information.
- A cookie to record the fact that you have read and accepted the cookie notice that is displayed when you first visit the site, or if you re-visit the site after an interval of one year or more.
If you want to know more about cookies, I recommend this site.